Trish was born in the quiet fishing village of Greystones, County Wicklow and loves the sea. She later moved to Hastings in East Sussex, then on to Cork and finally settled in Galway in 1994.
She enjoys the wild ever-changing landscapes of the West of Ireland and has a preference for painting landscapes and waterways. She also does some still life, portraiture, life drawing and abstract designs. To date her work has shown high levels of detail, almost photographic. She hopes one day to produce more fluidly.
Trish has worked with oils, acrylic, water-based oils and water colour, however she always returns to pure oils. She loves the ease of blending and manipulating oil colours to create whatever shades and effects she desires. Apart from paint Trish can use pencil, ink, charcoal, and pastels.
Trish has taken many art classes, the most recent and notable of these are;
• Bernadine Burke’s Art in Galway weekly in Salthill, Galway, 2010-2011
• Pat Goff Artist at Pontoon Bridge Hotel, Foxford, Co. Mayo, 1 week in July 2011
• Rosemary Fallon’s Art School weekly in Ardrahan, Co. Galway, 2011-2012
• Grace Cunningham’s Workshops in Salthill, Galway, 2012 and 2014
• Life drawing at MyArtClass (Mark Smith) weekly in Bridge Mills, Galway, 2012-2015
Trish has been selling at the Galway Art Club exhibition since summer 2015.
She has also exhibited and sold;
• At GRAPE (Greystones Art & Photography Exhibition)
• Through Facebook; she has sold many prints of her oil painting “Greystones Harbour 2007” to customers both at home and abroad.
“Learning to look and see is a continual process and must be encouraged and nurtured.”
If you have a photograph you love, Trish can replicate it in pencil or oils. Commissions can be arranged by contacting her.
+ 353 (0)87 4121188
Buy prints or downloads at www.etsy.com, search for trishdarcyart